Restless Legs Syndrome Home Remedies
Making simple lifestyle changes can help alleviate symptoms of RLS
- Try baths and massages for Restless Legs Syndrome Home Remedies . Soaking in a warm bath and massaging your legs can relax your muscles. Epson Salts Soaks go way back as one of the bestRestless Legs Syndrome Home Remedies.
- Apply warm or cool packs. Use of heat or cold, or alternating use of the two, may lessen your limb sensations.
- Establish good sleep hygiene. Fatigue tends to worsen symptoms of RLS/WED, so it’s important that you practice good sleep hygiene. Ideally, have a cool, quiet, comfortable sleeping environment; go to bed and rise at the same time daily; and get adequate sleep.
- Exercise. Getting moderate, regular exercise may relieve symptoms of RLS/WED, but overdoing it or working out too late in the day may intensify symptoms.
- Avoid caffeine. Sometimes cutting back on caffeine may help restless legs. Try to avoid caffeine-containing products, including chocolate and caffeinated beverages, such as coffee, tea and soft drinks, for a few weeks to see if this helps.
Can Restless Legs Syndrome Develop Into Something More Serious?
Most people with restless legs syndrome have the “idiopathic” form, meaning there’s no known cause. For them, there is no risk of RLS developing into something more serious, like Parkinson’s disease.
Restless legs syndrome can get worse in people with other medical conditions if they don’t get those conditions treated.
Can RLS disappear on its own?
There have been some cases there restless legs syndrome has gone away by itself; however, these cases are extremely rare. its own. For most sufferers it is more common that their symptoms worsen as time passes.
For those experiencing RLS symptoms caused by an underlying physical condition, The primary area of treatment should focus on the pre-existing condition. This is the most likely way to successfully improve their RLS.
Are There Treatments for Restless Legs Syndrome?
For more information, talk to our Drs. at the Advanced Vein Center. A Doppler exam can reveal any underlying venous causes that can be treated.